WELCOME TO SIDEKICK REVIEWS
Sidekick Reviews aspires to be a part of your community by sharing our passion and insight on popular science-fiction movies, television shows, comic books and video games. Some of the television shows we are following include Spartacus War of the Damned, The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Nikita, Breaking Bad, Dexter, True Blood, Game of Thrones and much, much more.
A big thank you to bloggers Emilia Jordan and Banana Scoop for their nomination!
What is the Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
The rules that come with the Award:
1. If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Then you should answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you & generate 11 new questions for the people you subsequently tag.
3. Tag 11 more Bloggers.
4. Tell the people you tagged that you did.
5. No tagging back.
6. The person you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Q: What’s your favorite thing you’ve written (it can be a full-length manuscript, a blog post, a great paragraph, anything)?
A: Although I don’t have anything that stands out as a personal favorite, my very first review was on Spartacus Vengeance premiere episode. It made me believe that I could actually do this!
Q: What prompted you to write your first blog post?
A: I like reading reviews on my favorite websites for their insight and opinion. Around late 2011, I was reading George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones. I was in awe of his mastery of storytelling, world-building and writing talent. Although I will never be a literary author, I wanted to see if I could improve my writing. So I combined my desire to write with my love of pop culture entertainment by taking a fun, thoughtful look at popular movies and TV shows. An added benefit of writing reviews is that it made me appreciate so many aspects of my favorite movies/shows that I would have otherwise over looked.
Q: Do you prefer to write/blog in the morning or at night?
A: Almost all of my writing is in the evening and night.
Q: What’s your favorite new music find?
A: I’ve stumbled across some bands like Bloc Party, Death from Above 1979, Vampire Weekend, and Metric that I often keep in my playlist.
Q: If you could pick anywhere to live for one year (can’t be your current location, has to be somewhere else), where would you go and why?
A: So many choices … let’s go with New York City. Because its New York.
Q: What scene in a book/story/movie/TV show do you wish you had written?
A: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode The Body. There’s a scene where Buffy has to go her little sister’s school to tell her their Mom died. So heartbreaking, beautifully written and directed.
Q: Do you keep a journal? Did you ever?
A: Not a journal, but I used to have a little scrap-book to jot down my thoughts, drawings and lyrics.
Q: What inspires you?
A: People who live their lives with love, integrity and positivity.
Q: Do you believe in extraterrestrials?
A: I believe in the possibility of life on other planets and galaxies, space is a big place after all. I don’t believe in alien abductions, alien crop circles, or ET visiting Earth.
Q: What are some of your guilty pleasures?
A: I like raunchy comedies like Superbad and Big Brother USA reality show.
Q: What dream stands out most in your mind and what do you think it means?
A: I used to fall asleep with the radio on. One night an old-time radio show was on air about a guy trapped in a coffin screaming for help. Somehow I incorporated what I was hearing into my dream and became that guy in the coffin. It felt like I was trapped for very long time in complete darkness, helpless, then I luckily woke up.
There are so many great bloggers, I hope to get to know you better. The bloggers that I would nominate, nominated me. At this time, I find it hard to pick 11 bloggers with under 200 followers. Maybe in a few months when I get to know more bloggers, I will pass on the nominations.
EVERY HERO NEEDS A SIDEKICK
• Click on the “Like” button. It’s easy to do and let’s us know which are the most popular posts so we can write more like it.
• Leave a reply. Have fun and get in on the conversation! Share your thoughts, theories and opinion. We are listening and care about what you think.
• Make a request. Is there a favorite movie, DVD, Blu-Ray, TV show or video game you’d like us to cover or talk about? Recommendations are a great way of discovering something new that we might have overlooked.
• Be A Contributor. Writing will lead you to discover your true passions. Excited about a new movie coming out? Can’t believe what happened on your favourite TV show? Having fun playing the video game of the year? Make a short and sweet post or write an in-depth analysis. Your opinion matters on Sidekick Reviews! Contact us (using the contact form below not the bat signal ) :